A Rare Glimpse

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Sweet summer days...as well as hot, humid, gross days (the kinds that make you want to sleep all day, not eat anything, and still you break out into a sweat because it's almost 50 degrees with the humidex!)...that's the kind of July it's been. Who knew that Caribbean-like weather would ever reach us up here in the "far north"?? :) I was on the verge of breaking down and buying an air conditioner or something of the like to keep me cool other than a fan moving hot air...but luckily, the stifling heat didn't last much longer. And I had a few days escape into a/c when I went to visit my parents in T.O. last weekend.

It was a much needed break from work and the heat, going home. I was able to pick up my parents from the airport after their return from a 6-week trip to India, Mongolia, China, and Hong Kong. Saved them taxi money and it's fun driving to the airport. :) Going home also gave me a chance to go out for dim-sum and congee with my grandma. I have to admit, I love the eating part, because Chinese food in T.O. can't be beat, at least in Ontario. And it's just part of the tradition to eat out with my grandma and my other grandparents whenever my siblings or I are at home.

Jacqs and I got together on the Friday afternoon for coffee at Starbucks, just to chat, catch up on our lives, and to give her an early birthday gift. She's always been such a good friend and I'm so thankful for having her in my life. She makes me comfortable enough to open up and bare most of my thoughts and feelings, because I know that she won't judge me, but rather supports me and encourages me. Thanks for being a shoulder to lean on!! It's just a bummer we don't live in the same city!

This summer has flown by so fast! I can't believe it's almost over. Sigh...I'm really enjoying my summer too! No weddings to go to this summer, but it looks like next year there may be quite a few. :) Found out that several people from my home church that I grew up in are engaged! It'll be exciting to see them get married.